Highlights of Muzvare Betty Makoni’s research accomplishments include:
- Collection and deposition of evidence for rape survivors during political violence in Zimbabwe in partnership with AIDS FREE WORLD, 2008.
- 1000 Worst Rape Cases – Rape cases in the 0-16 years age group in schools, churches, by high profile people, strangers and relatives, 2006.
- Gender Based Violence Desk Study (August 1998 to August 2004 in Retrospect) – In 2004, I undertook a desk study of gender based violence with focus on child sexual abuse in Zimbabwe. This culminated in the production of a report that brought out the trends, magnitude and impact of rape on girls and recommendations on what needs to be done by government and other stakeholders.
- Action Research on HIV/AIDS and Girls’ Reproductive Health And Effects of Shortage of Sanitary Towels on the Reproductive Health of the Girl Child In Zimbabwe, funded by the Pacific Institute for Women’s Health, 2003.
- University of Zimbabwe Fourth Year Special Honors: Research Thesis on The Role of Theatre for Development in Development. Developed and Administered Women’s Performing Arts Groups and carried out a comparative analysis of grassroots communication mediums and Theatre for Development to determine the role played by theatre in participatory development at grassroots level. Thereafter incorporated findings in designing a grassroots development organization, Girl Child Network, 1996.