As I move from a small classroom where my work to support empowerment of girls started in a poor high density of Chitungwiza in Zimbabwe to the global level, I meet the most amazing women who encourage me. They send me gifts of passion–not a million dollars but a million words embedded in love, encouragement and hope. Just what I want to keep my work going.
On 23 July 2011 I have a Girls Empowerment and Leadership conference in Essex UK and it is the smallest conference ever ,just 30 girls and not funded by any donor. I just felt it in my heart I must call girls and young women to inspire them to lead in this work I am doing.
Donors of wisdom like Ing give me the courage and strength that is critical for me and all young women and girls who believe in my leadership to forge ahead with courage.The many lives of girls being lost in many countries need a strong grassroots leadership and a new mindset and all we need is inner belief in ourselves.And by sending us note below Ing has just done what we need.
Below is note from Ing
Here’s a selection for you – to encourage, and sent along with my most sincere wishes. I believe it make a world of difference when somebody sees you – and encourages what you do And my conclusion is on the top of my status today!
` A sense of freshness arrives, when you decide to put all your energy into efforts that build and create growth. Step aside from drama – and focus on the people and activities that aim for real change`.
And here are a selection of wisdom that I think is worth sharing, – use it anyway you like:
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your
complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then start on the first one.” – Mark Twain
- “If you don’t like something, change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit
- “Never do anything against conscience, even if the state demands it.” – Albert Einstein
- “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” – Albert Einstein
- “There are two ways to live; you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as is if everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or the present are certain to miss the future.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- “The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- “We need to teach the next generation of children from day one that they are responsible for their lives. Mankind’s greatest gift, also its greatest curse, is that we have a free choice. We can make our choices built from love or from fear.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- “We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” – Steve Maraboli
- “People who lack the clarity, courage or determination to follow their own dreams will often find ways to discourage yours. When you change for the better, the people around you will be inspired to change also… but only after doing their best to make you stop. Live your truth and don’t EVER stop.” – Steve Maraboli
- “If you hang out with chickens, you’re going to cluck and if you hang out with eagles you’re going to fly.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.” – Steve Maraboli
- “The Unverse doesn’t give you what you ask for with your thoughts – it gives you what you demand with your actions.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “The deeper the sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Many of us live our whole lives running from feeling with the mistaken belief that you cannot bear the pain. But you have already borne the pain. What you have not done is feel all you are beyond the pain.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “It only takes a split second to smile and forget, yet to someone who needed it, it can last a lifetime.” – Steve Maraboli
- “The right things to do and the hard things to do are usually the same.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Courage; the most important of all virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” – Maya Angelou
- “Be a rainbow in somebody else’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou
- “I do not trust people who don’t love themselves and yet tell me, “I love you”. There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.” – Maya Angelou
- “When you learn, teach. When you get, give.” – Maya Angelou
- “Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.” – Maya Angelou
- “Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is lice fire. It burns all clean.” – Maya Angelou
- “Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet.” – Maya Angelou
- “Stepping into a brand-new path is difficult, but not more difficult than remaining in a situation, which is not nurturing to the whole woman.” – Maya Angelou
- “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change, so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” – Carl Gustav Jung
- “The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are.” – Carl Gustav Jung
- “The true leader is always led.” – Carl Gustav Jung
…….. And I could go on and on…. These are some favourites of mine: on accomplishment, being real, trying and failing, being human, trying to make the most of it. My selection of course pictures my focus – but I know you well enough by know my dear friend, that a couple will make you smile, a couple will touch your heart, and hopefully a few can work for your girls.
Sent with a large bouquet of love & flowers!
I care for you Betty – and for your work!
Stay strong – you are loved.
Yours truly :), Ingjerd
Senior Adviser at Ministry of Local Government and Regional Development .She studied Cross-Cultural Management, Consultancy, Organisational Psychology, Philosophy at BI Norwegian School of Management