Millions of people round the world know Muzvare Betty Makoni as someone dedicated and generous in sharing her skills and knowledge to better the work of other charities. In Zimbabwe she assisted over 16 community based organisations to fund raise for projects.
Muzvare Betty Makoni has given all her volunteer time to build Girl Child Network Worldwide since 2009 when she left Zimbabwe to be in self imposed exile. She has travelled in many parts of the world and imparted skills and knowledge to girls and all women who want to follow her footsteps.
Girl Child Network Worldwide is now registered as a Charity in United Kingdom and it is helping out millions of girls round the world especially in Africa. All are welcome to support the charity to build the first ever Girls Empowerment Fund for girls to benefit girls struck by disasters. Girl Child Network Worldwide is run and managed by all volunteers including Muzvare Betty Makoni. Each time you see a Pay Pal donate here it is for Girl Child Network Worldwide to support girls in Africa so that they walk in the fullness of their potential. Join Betty Makoni in volunteering to empower girls in Africa
- Muzvare Betty Makoni is a trustee for Restored UK an organisation that works with churches to end violence against women.
- Women Empowerment in Southern Africa (WESFA) is an organisation that supports empowerment of female journalists in Cape Town, South but has since relocated to Zimbabwe. Muzvare Betty Makoni has been coaching, training and mentoring WEFSA Director, Edinah Masanga in program design, fundraising, marketing and strategic planning I have imparted skills in developing a gender equality program and how the media organisation can develop from a local to a regional organisation. WEFSA and GCN Zimbabwe are now working in partnership and this helping an organisation to get back on its feet is Betty Makoni`s strongest area.
- We partner with schools, churches, communities, women and girls to better our strategies in creating a culture of prevention. Any challenge any girl or woman faces in life has a solution. Muzvare Betty Makoni gives her time to empowering girls in London every Thursday of the month. Muzvare Betty Makoni always shares the Girl Child Empowerment Model with the same passion. We are aware the need for women leaders to learn from our past success is huge and so we will select our clients and ensure quality time and quality program delivery is there
- Every Sunday at 6pm UK time Betty Makoni runs Muzvare Betty Makoni show which empowers women and girls. Tune in and speak direct to Betty Makoni on any issues pertaining to women and girls. By clicking www.zimpowerfm.com every Monday at 8pm you join a life changing radio show and you get to speak with Muzvare Betty Makoni live and direct and get support and advise for free.
- Women World Summit are happy to present you their 19 Days Campaign Ambassadors who are leaders in advancing the rights of child and creating a culture of prevention.We are grateful for their support of the 19 Days campaign of activism and Muzvare Betty Makoni is one of them. Read more here
- Muzvare Betty Makoni served as Chairperson of Women’s Coalition of Zimbabwe (2005 to 2007) an umbrella grouping of at least 45 NGOs from across Zimbabwe working on various women’s issues. In Zimbabwe, the AU Protocol on women’s rights was ratified during my two year leadership of the Women’s Coalition. The Domestic Violence Act became law through her time as Chair of the Women`s Colaition , uniting women and men across the country to ensure there is unity of purpose in campaigning for the bill to be made into law. Notable amongst her achievements with the coalition was the time she gave in mobilising funds starting with a bank balance of U$4 to close to US$500 000 by the time a new leader took over. Muzvare Betty Makoni took leadership of the Women`s Coalition at a time when morale in the Zimbabwe Women`s Movement was very low and class, political and religious divisions amongst women were rife. That she united every woman and everywhere in Zimbabwe makes it clear what leadership qualities she has.
- Muzvare Betty Makoni was a Board Member of International Development Exchange (IDEX) (2001 to 2007). IDEX is a non-profit organization based in San Francisco, USA, that partners with grassroots organizations in Africa, Asia and Latin America
- Muzvare Betty Makoni founded two two grassroots associations for women and worked as a volunteer and these organisations have been instrumental in building women’s movements including Ray of Hope (a network of domestic violence and rape survivors based in Zimbabwe), Grassroots Organisations Operating Together in Sisterhood (GROOTS Zimbabwe) and an affiliate of GROOTS INTERNATIONAL based in New York, USA.
- Muzvare Betty Makoni was Committee Member, NGO Directors’ Forum in Zimbabwe (2003) for Nango (National Association of Non Governmental Organizations )